Sunday, August 2, 2009

sheets under control

I finally finished getting all my linens cut up and organized. What a chore! But I'm really glad to have it done, because now I feel ready to start sewing up a storm!

Here's the results from all my hard work:



The bin of fat quarters - the first layer.



And the second layer. Hey, I still have a little room left to add more! ;-)


Big stacks of 6" squares. That's 114 different prints! I bet you can guess what my next project is!



I kept all the hems too. I'm not sure what I'll do this those, but I'm thinking on it. Plus a box full of little scraps. Whew, I'm sure glad to have all that done and put away!!

4 comments:

  1. okay, inspiring!!! I have probably 15 sheets that need some cutting and organizing. I also want to chop my remnants into squares. time....time....time.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i can't wait to get mine into the same state! i was thinking of making a strippy little quilt with those hems... can't wait to see what you do with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great collection of vintage sheet material! I'm jealous, even of the scrappy bits, which would make a lovely string quilt (that's on my list of things to try one day, but right now I'm finishing my first quilt). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so organized and pretty...i love all the perfect folding

    ReplyDelete