Friday, August 14, 2009

two more WIPs

I've started on version 2.0 of the thrifted linens patchwork quilt. Pretty much the same as last time, just one row longer (10x13 now). That's our dog Trudy getting in the shot - she's an Australian Cattle dog (otherwise known as a red heeler). She's a bit neurotic, and it freaks her out when I stand on the chair to take a picture. :-)

And now, for something different, actual blocks with an actual pattern to them! Most of my quilts have been pretty random so far, so it feels a little strange to do something more orderly and traditional. But this is what I came up with to use that Project Linus challenge material I mentioned before. I'm going to add 3" white sashing between the blocks and around the outside, but I wanted to play with the arrangement of the blocks. It was a little sudoku-like, trying to make sure no colored borders or blocks were side-by-side. I just hope I get it correct when I'm actually sewing them together!

I like this design - it's nice and simple and colorful. I made it up, but I'm sure there are a zillion patterns out there like it. The only bad thing about it is that it doesn't use enough of that fabric!! I've got a whole roll to work with! I need to come up with another design (or 2, or a dozen!) that uses more of it...


  1. Doh! I feel like such a slacker now. Slow down, woman! :P The thrifted linens top is looking so pretty. And I love the nine-patches!

  2. I love the patchwork quilt so far! Gorgeous :)