I was inspired by this ribbon ornament tutorial from 7 Layer Studio, and I knew I had all the basic supplies on hand (tons of ribbon - check! tons of scrapbooking paper - check!). I wanted to use something a little more fancy for the center, and I remembered these little organza flowers I had bought for my wedding (and never used - ha!). I sewed the velvet ribbons together by hand, but used the glue gun for the rest of the assembly.
They went together very quickly, but I still thought they looked a little blah.
So, I added some inking around the edges of the circles (just rubbing them with a small ink pad), and tiny dots of iridescent glitter in the scallops. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it's there. :-)
Now I've just got to get busy packaging them up. That will take me as long as making the ornaments!