Friday, November 27, 2009

Christmas ornaments

And now, on to the Christmas crafts! On a whim, I signed up for the FreshlyBlended annual ornament swap on Swap-bot. We have to send an ornament to 10 different people around the world. My partners are mostly in the states, but I did get 3 internationals - South Africa, England and Canada. Cool!

I was inspired by this ribbon ornament tutorial from 7 Layer Studio, and I knew I had all the basic supplies on hand (tons of ribbon - check! tons of scrapbooking paper - check!). I wanted to use something a little more fancy for the center, and I remembered these little organza flowers I had bought for my wedding (and never used - ha!). I sewed the velvet ribbons together by hand, but used the glue gun for the rest of the assembly.



They went together very quickly, but I still thought they looked a little blah.



So, I added some inking around the edges of the circles (just rubbing them with a small ink pad), and tiny dots of iridescent glitter in the scallops. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it's there. :-)


Now I've just got to get busy packaging them up. That will take me as long as making the ornaments!

2 comments:

  1. these are super cute...your recipients will be thrilled i am sure

    ReplyDelete