I don't totally love the backing fabric. The one I had originally picked out would have been better, but I found several small holes in it when I was ironing it in preparation for basting. I tried to make it work, but the holes were spaced just far enough apart that I couldn't work around them. I guess that's the danger of working with thrifted linens - you don't the spot tiny blemishes until you take the time to examine the fabric inch by inch. And even then, you might miss them... I found a hole in one of the binding strips when I was sewing them together. I was peeved for a few seconds, but then realized I could just make sure that spot was on the inside when it was folded over, so no problems.
Thanks again to Bee Square and Crazy Mom Quilts for the awesome tutorial!