Tuesday, May 26, 2009

2.5" squares are cute

I've been cutting squares for the "vintage baby quilt". Aren't they so wee and adorable?



I can't wait to get started on it, but I'm still trying to decide if I should add other fabrics... The plaid in the upper right corner is one that I found at Goodwill a couple weeks ago - it's from Eddie Bauer, and is 100% cotton like the IKEA ones. The sheet underneath is what I'm planning to use for the backing. I'm thinking about taking whatever is left, and fussy-cutting 2.5" squares around the flowers, and adding those to the mix. Yeah, I'll definitely do that. It will be a pain in the rear, but I think it needs another big floral. Any other suggestions? Should I add some solids?


If you like these fabrics, check back tomorrow - I'm jumping on the Sew Mama Sew bandwagon, and will be giving some away for the May Giveaway Day. Fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment