Thursday, February 17, 2011

the winner, and another strippie

The lucky winner of the pink charm squares is #40, and that's Sue of Sue's Quilting Haven. Looks like she's been having quite the winning streak lately! I was pleased to see the Project Linus badge on her blog - it's always nice to meet another 'blanketeer'!

And speaking of which (and just so I don't have a post without pictures!) here's my latest PL donation quilt, which I finished last month. It's the second 'baste as you go' quilt that I started back in July. I wish I had paid attention to the repeat on the focus fabric when I put it together, but it's hard to see the overall pattern until you step away from the quilt. Oh well! I'll know to keep an eye out for that next time.


This is the fifth Quick Strippie quilt I've made, and I have 4 more in the works (they're on the big list!). They are just so easy to make!



And of course, my usual big crazy patchwork backing. Also fun and easy to make, and a great use for random scraps of novelty fabrics!

4 comments:

  1. How cute! And Reversible! I love how the colors are so bright...reminds me of Spring...you remember Spring right? or is it a figment of my imagination...???
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sue : )
    Evelyn, your Quick Strippie is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Sue! Love your quilts. I am a blanketeer too - well, I make afghans for Project Linus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kitties! Gotta love 'em (and the super quick stripie quilt... what a great pattern). :) Rumor has it y'all were thinking of getting a real life kitty... any truth to that?

    ReplyDelete