- Make an effort to reconnect with old friends
- Teach myself how to quilt by making one Project Linus quilt each month
I did AWESOME on the second goal, if I do say so myself! I didn't technically complete it, but I'm still declaring victory in the form of:
9 completely finished Project Linus quilts...
6 swaddling blankets, and 2 "quiltlets" (everything but batting)...
4 more quilts basted and ready for quilting (just this past week - oh my aching back!)...
and 2 tops, 2 backs, and binding for Margaret's Hope Chest and 3 quilt tops for Give a Kid a Quilt...
Meanwhile, I did some quilting of my own! One doll quilt for my daughter, one quiltie for a swap, a quiltlet for my daughter, 5 thrifted/vintage linen quilts (3 given away!), and two quilt tops.
Add to that - starting a blog, doing some other crafty projects, a couple tutorials, a few fun giveaways, AND making some really awesome bloggy friends!! Whew - I'm glad I took the time to write that all up, because now I feel GREAT about all I accomplished last year. Sweet!!!
Here are my goals for next year:
- Continue making Project Linus quilts, and attend as many monthly meetings as possible.
- Lose the extra 15 (okay fine, 20!) pounds of "baby" weight I've been lugging around for the last 3 years. I haven't been able to wear my wedding ring since I was 6 months pregnant, and I miss it!!
- Lose the frump. Working from home has made me so careless about my appearance. Time to update the wardrobe, get a haircut, get back to wearing a little makeup (at least on the weekends!).
- Do better about replying to blog comments. I do appreciate every single one of them, I just generally suck at email!