Monday, January 18, 2010

new WIP

I swore I wasn't going to start any new projects until I'd finished all my existing WIPs, but Mandy has led me astray! She has hosted a sewing afternoon at her house the last two Fridays, and it's just easier to bring a new project to piece, you know? So, here is last week's project - another vintage linen patchwork quilt! I know, I'm so boring. But this one is different - it's pink! It will be for a friend of mine who is battling breast cancer. I'm actually a little torn about the pink thing - I can't help but wonder if people who are dealing with breast cancer don't get totally sick of pink, pink, pink....


The "solid" squares are actually gingham, from a Pottery Barn sheet. I love those PB gingham sheets! I snap them up whenever I see them. They are so fine, and there's just something about woven gingham (as opposed to the printed stuff) that I absolutely adore!!

7 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!!! It is gorgeous! And the pink at least doesn't seem too crazy in-your-face-pink-ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evelyn-
    This quilt top is so beautiful! I was thinking the same thing as Robin--you've got very nice pinks in there, not the day-glo that i've seen lots of for breast cancer events.
    I'm sure your friend will love it. It's handmade and looks like it will be very comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so pretty...i love the use of the gingham to break up the other squares. i am sure she is going to love it because it is something unique and different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt it lovely! I'm not sure about the pink thing - but it is a great quilt. I'm sure she will cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous sheet quilt!! Your friend is sure to love it. And wowza on your recent sheet finds! I can't seem to find any good ones lately. :( All I have right now are scraps from my quilt. But a treasure hunt is always fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty!!! What a lovely gesture!
    I think, for a pink quilt, it's not so pink... (Lovely, and not to girly)

    ; )

    Marit

    ReplyDelete