Friday, November 5, 2010

retreat - project #2

After all those triangles, I was ready to slip back into my comfort zone! I was inspired by this quilt on Jeni's blog In Color Order (another vintage sheet fan!), and knew this would be a fun and simple retreat project. I went through my stack of pre-cut sheets (6" squares), and grabbed any that I liked that I had at least 5 of. I brought about 80 prints, when all I needed was about 30! Oh well, it gave me plenty to choose from at the retreat!


I really love the simplicity of it. I didn't think too hard about the layout - I just narrowed it down to my favorite prints (anything 'colorful'), and then I slapped them up on the design wall. I did some minimal rearranging as I went, but I really tried not to over-think it.


(I stole this picture from Karen's blog post). The purple square really jumps out, doesn't it? I probably won't get this quilted until next year. In the meantime, it will languish in 'quilt purgatory' (draped over the stair railing upstairs), where I'll get enjoy petting it whenever I walk by!

6 comments:

  1. i love , love it!! I like seeing the Cross' in it!! That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use vintage sheets...

    I don't know if you saw, but I finally finished the quilt using the squares I won on your blog.

    http://janeweston.blogspot.com/2010/10/another-vintage-finish.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautiful!!! i love the simple pattern, but it stands out so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo so pretty. This is one of my favorite patterns. It's like instant happy, just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete