Sunday, October 17, 2010

back from vacation

We've been back from Texas for a few days now, but I'm still not back to normal. I felt like I was fighting some sort of flu the whole time we were there, and now I'm left feeling exhausted and spacey all the time. I hope it clears up soon - the quilt retreat is next weekend, and I've still got lots of prep to do!!

Here's a sure sign I've been on vacation...



A new stack of craft magazines! It's one of the few times I let myself splurge on magazines - who needs them when you have the internet, right? But on vacation... if I can't *be* crafting or reading blogs, at least I can be looking at crafty p*rn!

I'm happy to report that my stepmom loved her new patriotic table topper! I lucked out, and it was the perfect size for her dining room table. And sorry I'm way late, but the winner of the mini quilt kit is Elaine from Soggy Bottom Flats. Yay!

In more somber news, my friend Julie (who I made my first pink quilt for) passed away last weekend. I'm so sad she's gone from the world, and for all that she and her husband had to go through, especially in those last months. I'm grateful that I was able to give a little comfort with that quilt - Brian said Julie used it all the time. I stole this picture from her blog....

6 comments:

  1. Aw, Ev, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. ::hugs::

    Have fun at the quilt retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am sorry to hear about your friend...you feel better. put your feet up and enjoy your magazines

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sorry to hear about your friend. How lovely that you were able to bring her some comfort though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. So sad.
    I hope you get better for the retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your friend...my thoughts are with you and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear of your friend's passing :( Prayers are being sent for you and her family.

    ReplyDelete